Thursday, February 02, 2006

Modern Warfare


Modern Warfare - Dayglo/Shadows/Delivered - 1980 Bemisbrain Records

Modern Warfare - In the Shadows
Modern Warfare - Delivered
Modern Warfare - Dayglo


Modern Warfare - #2 - 1981 Bemisbrain Records

Modern Warfare - No Passion
Modern Warfare - Suburban Death Row
Modern Warfare - Nothing's Left For Me

I got a request for some Modern Warfare...which worked out great for me as I was already in the process of putting this post together.

I love these two records. In fact, I love that whole quirky Bemisbrain-Hell-Comes-to-Your-House-Long-Beach thing that was happening back then. To me it represents a time when the more avant garde side of the LA punk scene still flourished and had yet to be all but completely driven out by the rise of hardcore. Both records are cool but those of you familiar only with the Hell Comes to Your House tracks (also availabe below) may prefer #2.

I've had a hard time finding any good supplemental info on the band. So if anyone knows anything, please leave a comment. Also, my copy of #2 has an insert that has lyrics for 4 additional songs not on the record, which leads me to believe that there must be other material floating around out there.

Note: I've put up both front and back cover .jpg's for those who may have the new iPods and want to take advantage of the cool thumbnail art feature.


Modern Warfare - Hell Comes to Your House - Out of My Head
Modern Warfare - Hell Comes to Your House - Street Fightin' Man

12 Comments:

Blogger jon manyjars said...

All I know is that Modern Warfare was the band of Jimmy Bemis, the guy who ran Bemisbrain Records (with Steve Sinclair). Hell Comes to Your House was a great comp!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i seem to remember it being alec bemis, who now writes for the l.a. weekly....

5:14 PM  
Blogger squabbler said...

I think it is, in fact, Jimmy Bemis. That's how it's listed on the records. Check out this page for some related material. Didn't realize that Bemisbrain turned into Enigma Records.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous johnny said...

hell comes to your house is one of my favorite comps;always wanted more from modern warfare.life is good!(if possible please post more bands featured on the comp)thanks

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Pete Zonked! said...

Out of My Head is a classic (from a classic comp!) - and great to hear the other material from these guys... more SoCal blasts from the past... please!!!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well kids, U have know idea how much this warms my heart, after all these fucking years this special moment in time lives, and it was a special moment in time, I know that more these days than I did then. I do pinch myself everyday this time around as it is happening again in Amsterdam. www.myspace.com/chasingthekrakheads
What is punk rock? For me it is still having the nuts to follow the music with no regaurd of the cost, which in reality, the real expensive bit is not following the bliss. Love, peace, and debauchery, Ron Goudie
PS - I just got in touch with Jimmy Beamis (after many decades) and he is well, thank god for that. Fuck U, let's rodeo! (Lee Ving)
RONGOUDIE@YAHOO.COM

12:01 AM  
Anonymous RD Maynard said...

+1! I'm 1/4 of Modern Warfare from the Hell Comes to Your House days. It brings me nothing but joy to know that someone still digs hearing these tunes. We sure as hell dug playing them. Thanks, Jimmy B., for turning me onto this site. I'd leave a quote from my friend, Robo, but I don't think he ever spoke.
Tim Gaines, aka RD Maynard.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous copsforfertilizer said...

If any one just might happen to have a spare copy of “Nothing’s Left” lying around, please let me know if you are willing to trade/sell it. I’m sick of ebay Fucks!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

I’ve just finished the first issue of my new zine PEDERAST PROPHET from Australia. It’s got an interview with MODERN WARFARE that i did recently with Ron Goudie and Tim Gains answering everything ya wanna know about this amazing band. Steve Miller and Craig Calvert from THE FIX are also interrogated with a lengthy interview. And there’s i/v’s with great Australian bands: HOMOSEXUAL TOURISTS and SHOCK VALUE. + show/record reviews etc. Get in touch at copsforfertilizer@gmail.com for single and wholesale rates to your country.
cheers.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Wes said...

THE ‘NOTHING LEFT’ 7″ REISSUE IS OUT NOW THROUGH PEDERAST PROPHET RECORDS (of Australia).
GET IN TOUCH FOR SINGLE / WHOLESALE COSTS TO YOUR LOCATION.

EMAIL ME AT: copsforfertilizer@gmail.com

Wes.

6:38 AM  
Blogger iLL_Advised said...

Those scans of #2 Are of my copy! Even sent them for the discography L.P.. Cant believe im credited on a record of one of my favorite bands ever!

4:08 PM  
Blogger iLL_Advised said...

Correction; upon looking more I realize those are not my scans, haha. Mine are on discogs though. I put in the I information for that alternate cover.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home